Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ann] unmatched - a LADSPA amp tone

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ann] unmatched - a LADSPA amp tone
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 17:29:56 EEST

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 03:49:12 +0200, Tim Goetze wrote:
> >I doubt that the electronics ever produces hard square clips.
>
> don't the scope traces suggest they do? i'll try and record
> the circuit output from the fender, it has line-out and fx
> send.

They dont look very square to me, there is also some kind of dip (looking
at the pod traces) in the top of the clip waveform, which is even more
pronounced in the brit classic and highgain waveforms.

I suspect this dip is some kind of reflection from the limit, but I can't
tell without trying one.

- Steve