Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ann] unmatched - a LADSPA amp tone

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ann] unmatched - a LADSPA amp tone
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Sun Oct 27 2002 - 17:00:28 EET

On Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 03:05:36 +0100, Tim Goetze wrote:
> still found some space for line-sine-2.wave -- another
> recording from the same sources, uncompressed this time.

That looks better. I dont know what was wrong with the flac file, the
others all came out OK.

I have a reasonable bass sound now:
ecasound -i jack_alsa,in_1 -o jack_alsa,out_1 -el:valve,0.6,0.7 -efh:25
-el:inv -el:valveRect,0.5,0.6 -el:inv -el:sinusWavewrapper,2
-el:valve,0.7,0.8 -efh:30 -el:unmatched

It uses about 6% CPU on my athlon, and I'm sure that would be less if it
were combined into one plugin.

I got my girlfriend to try it (she used to play bass a lot), and she said
it sounded pretty good. Its a bit muddy still, but I'm not really sure
where thats coming from, possibly excesive use of the valve code.

The inv plugin is just an inverter, ecasound proabaly has one built in.

- Steve