Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ann] unmatched - a LADSPA amp tone

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ann] unmatched - a LADSPA amp tone
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 10:44:27 EET

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 02:41:08 +0100, Tim Goetze wrote:
> http://quitte.de/easy.mp3

That sounds pretty good. The attack sounds a bit muted to me though, is
that deliberate or should it have more bite?

> >Yeah, fix the rectifier. I had a quick look at it and it looks like I did
> >something fairly obvious (its basicly a compressor, but with a waveshaper
> >instead of a linear gain).
>
> the shaper code looks familiar. admit i'm hoping for a performance
> and quality gain.

Yup, I adapted what I had around ;) I think something symmetric and harder
might be better though, I'l see what I can do. Maybe it should just be a
peak following compressor... my original though was that the power supply
sag would cause a distortion, but maybe it wont.

I think the speed will go up dramatically when its bolted into one plugin.
I want to get the ordering right first though. OTOH there is still mic
effects to be added in :(

- Steve