Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ann] unmatched - a LADSPA amp tone

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ann] unmatched - a LADSPA amp tone
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 10:51:06 EET

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 02:12:02 +0100, Tim Goetze wrote:
> the longer the wave is on one side of zero, the more energy is
> built up that tries to push it back. as long as the system is
> fed enough energy to keep it this side of zero, it is basically
> decaying exponentially against a (more-or-less) constant value.
> i am not sure how to do it so it doesn't alias, which i fear a
> naive implementation would do.

I don't know its hard to seperate phase effects from waveshaping, thats
why it needs FFTing. Onve we have the aproximate harmonic series we can
simulate that with a cheby, and if neccesary put the phase back with an
allpass or two.

Generally phase effects aren't really audible, but they may react with
distortion etc. to make a difference.

- Steve