Re: [linux-audio-dev] 'simsam' - a simple sampleplayer

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] 'simsam' - a simple sampleplayer
From: Paul Davis (paul_AT_linuxaudiosystems.com)
Date: Tue Oct 29 2002 - 01:20:49 EET

> I've been thinking that we need a Linux app sort of like Battery from
>Native Instruments. It strikes me that you are already a long way towards
>that. Maybe you can look into what they do, and then as you do more coding
>you could potentially grow a bit in that direction? That would be very
>useful!

be sure to check out rythmnlab (see dave's linux sound+midi pages for
a link). i have a rewritten (C++), cleaned up, JACK-ified version that
has been pending for months and months now. it was intended to be a
hard test of the "porting an OSS-model app to JACK" and indeed, it was
so hard i had to rewrite it :)

anyway, my point is that rythmnlab is really cool. not as cool as
battery, perhaps, but really cool.

--p