Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Cheby amp code

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Cheby amp code
From: Klaus Kosten (Klaus.Kosten_AT_gmx.de)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 12:47:59 EET

Paul Winkler wrote:

> input stuff -> (tube) --> (tube) --> power amp stuff
> ^
> |
> = large electrolytic capacitor rated at e.g. 220V
> |
> positive end of tap
>

> That should take care of teh high DC voltage, IIRC.
> Of course, I have no idea what kind of signal level
> you'd have at that point.

Thatīs exactly the way to go, though I wouldnīt use an electrolytic
capacitor. A suitable buffer is described in oscope-1.7.tar.gz by Tim
Witham (twitham_AT_quiknet.com).

The signal level, at least after the first amp stages, shouldnīt exceed
some volts.

Iīve read this thread from the beginning, but as I know next to nothing
about DSP coding, I didnīt jump in. But now as it comes to hardware,
which is my domain, I want to offer my help. Please feel free to contact
me.

Greetings
Klaus

--