Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Cheby amp code

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Cheby amp code
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 01:40:41 EET

On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 10:54:02PM +0000, Steve Harris wrote:
> Unluckily it looks like to do a good job we need to tap those 100+ volt
> signals :(

I'm pretty handy with a soldering iron, if anyone has a clue how this
could be done. If I remember my moron-level analog electronics,
couldn't I just use a big blocking capacitor?
like:

input stuff -> (tube) --> (tube) --> power amp stuff
                      ^

                      = large electrolytic capacitor rated at e.g. 220V

                   positive end of tap

That should take care of teh high DC voltage, IIRC.
Of course, I have no idea what kind of signal level
you'd have at that point.

--

Paul Winkler http://www.slinkp.com "Welcome to Muppet Labs, where the future is made - today!"