Re: [linux-audio-dev] GUIless friendly applications

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] GUIless friendly applications
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 01:43:17 EET

On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 10:42:14PM +0000, Mike Rawes wrote:
> A text interface with tab completion (especially when there's a lot of
> plugins in the network) would be a nice feature.

just to put in my 2 cents... I think a relatively high-level
language would be best for building this text interface.
You could work on it a lot quicker and the performance issues
would be negligible. I'd use python, personally.
I have long wanted to do an interactive text interface
to omde (http://omde.sf.net)

--PW

--

Paul Winkler http://www.slinkp.com "Welcome to Muppet Labs, where the future is made - today!"