Re: [linux-audio-dev] GUIless friendly applications

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] GUIless friendly applications
From: ian (deviant_AT_custard.org)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 16:02:21 EET

This is something I have done a fair bit of work on myself. I have an
almost complete working engine, which allows polyphonic, multitimbral
operation, and has a mixer with a channel per part, inserts and as many
output buses as you want. No GUI code as yet (except for some old code in
a pervious incarnation). The engine and GUI stuff have been written right
from the start to be completely separate, so a command line interface
should be easy.
I started off doing my own home-spun plugin api, but when it came down to
it, the only difference was that there were contorl, output and input
ports, rather than just ports. So it made more sense to just use LADSPA,
and provide a separate library of plugins that the synth used, that could
be used elsewhere too.
Ian