Re: [linux-audio-dev] Looking for some PR stuff related to Jack

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Looking for some PR stuff related to Jack
From: Bob Ham (node_AT_users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 22:37:40 EET

On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 11:33:54PM -0500, Paul Davis wrote:

> the existing ALSA "driver" for example, is nothing more than an I-P
> client that has also been assigned the role of "driver".

As an asside, there seem to be only one driver "role" atm. Is there any
reason why there can't be more than one driver? I'm thinking about the two
interfaces in my computer, and the fact that I can only use one at a time
with jack. Either that, or I have to do some asoundrc magic two meld the
two together, but apparently this can do bad things with jitter and
what-not.

Bob