RE: [linux-audio-dev] image problem

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] image problem
From: Andrew W. Schmeder (andy_AT_e-molecule.com)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 09:50:24 EET

<quote who="Mark Knecht">
> I do not see how a company could afford to invest in this area, short of
> staying closed-source. Very difficult for them, so no wonder there are few
companies calling Linux developers.

Another difficulty with the GPL its somewhat sketchy legal basis. (OT for
LAD... Google if you want to know more).

I've noticed that Dual licencing GPL/Commercial seems to fit in with the
corporate mindset, however. (e.g. Mysql). Ardour/Libardour could go this
route if all the developers desired it.

---
Andrew W. Schmeder