Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: image problem [was Re: [Alsa-devel] help for a levelmeter]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: image problem [was Re: [Alsa-devel] help for a levelmeter]
From: Christian Henz (chrhenz_AT_gmx.de)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 13:41:16 EET

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 09:48:00PM -0500, David Gerard Matthews wrote:

> D R Holsbeck wrote:
>
> >I guess stability is not an issue?
> >
> It's not the potential drawing card that it once was. OSX is as stable
> as Linux, and even 'doze XP is getting there, from what I hear.
> -dgm

Also, with much of the audio/desktop stuff still under development, I
experienced much less of the linux/server stability...

Some months ago, the alsa driver would freeze my system whenever I tried
to use the sequencer interface. More recently, the dri-driver for my
radeon keeps doing the same. Then again my KDE-desktop is rendered
unusable from time to time by some buggy apps not to mention all the
beta audio-applications which aren't stable yet.

So right now, I think stability is not really an argument pro linux
audio.

cheers,
Christian Henz