[linux-audio-dev] XAP status

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] XAP status
From: David Olofson (david_AT_olofson.net)
Date: Thu Dec 12 2002 - 07:59:13 EET

What's going on with headers, docs, names and stuff?

I've ripped the event system and the FX API (the one with the state()
callback) from Audiality, and I'm shaping it up into my own XAP
proposal. There are headers for plugins and hosts, as well as the
beginnings of a host SDK lib. It's mostly the event system I'm
dealing with so far.

The modified event struct:

typedef struct XAP_event
{
        struct XAP_event *next;
        XAP_timestamp when; /* When to process */
        XAP_ui32 action; /* What to do */
        XAP_ui32 target; /* Target Cookie */
        XAP_f32 value; /* (Begin) Value */
        XAP_f32 value2; /* End Value */
        XAP_ui32 count; /* Duration */
        XAP_ui32 id; /* VVID */
} XAP_event;

The "global" event pool has now moved into the host struct, and each
event queue knows which host it belongs to. (So you don't have to
pass *both* queue and host pointers to the macros. For host side
code, that means you can't accidentally send events belonging to one
host to ports belonging to another.)

Oh, well. Time for some sleep...

| The Multimedia Application Integration Architecture |