Re: [linux-audio-dev] more on XAP Virtual Voice ID system

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] more on XAP Virtual Voice ID system
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 23:03:17 EET

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 12:04:23 -0800, robbins jacob wrote:
> Alternately, we could require that event ordering has 2 criterion:
> -first- order on timestamps
> -second- put voice-on ahead of all other event types.

This is what I was assuming was meant orignally.

However you dont have to think of them as initiasiation parameters, voices
can have instrument wide defaults (eg. a pitch of 0.0 and and amplitude
of 0.0), and the parameter changes that arrive at the same timestamp can
be thought of as immediate parameter changes, which they are.

- Steve