Re: [linux-audio-dev] XAP spec - early scribbles

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] XAP spec - early scribbles
From: Simon Jenkins (sjenkins_AT_blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Sat Mar 01 2003 - 18:37:42 EET

torbenh_AT_gmx.de wrote:

>where is amble ?

http://www.sbibble.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/amble/amble-0.1.1.tar.gz

Some (not all) of the demos require libsndfile and its headers.

>is it in C ?

Yes, but you'll have to excuse the "accent".

The graph ordering part of it is messily entwined with the rest of it
though, and its poorly structured: I didn't know the correct way to
structure it until after I'd finished. (That being part of the point
of doing it).

I'm seriously thinking about neatly encapsulating the graph
ordering algorithm, extending it to address concerns which
other apps might have but which amble doesn't, making sure
it actually is correct, and releasing it as an LGPL library.

Simon Jenkins
(Bristol, UK)