Re: [linux-audio-dev] How to delay video?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] How to delay video?
From: Nick Bailey (n.j.bailey_AT_elec.gla.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 11:04:42 EET

Just at thought, but the best place to insert the delay would surely be
the MPEG data stream. Unfortunately, I don't know of any DVD players
which have MPEG out on the back, presumably because of the Movie maffia
being afraid you can take stills of their beautiful art and make it into
a lowly mouse mat or something. Since MPEG is ?about 2Mb/sec (just
guessing), it should be quite easy to buffer a few seconds of it.

Incidentally, RGB would be better than the S-Video: the chrominance in
S-Video is still band-limited and QAM, but separate from the luminance
(hence the S) so that they don't interfere with eachother.

I will poke around some studio catalogues and email you personally if I
find anything. It will give me something to do until Debian sid is less
utterly broken :(( (can't even get ALSA working on it at the moment!)

--
Dr Nick Bailey                              n.j.bailey_AT_elec.gla.ac.uk
Centre for Music Technology                 http://cmt.gla.ac.uk/

European Copyright Directive/Software Patenting: Help us fight the war on terrorism. http://cmt.gla.ac.uk/Info/swpatents.html

The OpenDrama Survey: please tell us your opinions! http://markov.music.gla.ac.uk/Projects/OpenDrama/OD-Survey/