Re: [linux-audio-dev] Modular synths of the world, unite and take over :-)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Modular synths of the world, unite and take over :-)
From: Dr. Matthias Nagorni (mana_AT_suse.de)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 12:57:35 EET

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Steve Harris wrote:

> etc.) and it doesn;t solve the immediate problem of UIs that cannot be
> succesfully represented in XML, eg. (my favourite exmaple) a lowpass
> filter plugin, which should render the freq. response of the filter.

Yes, I'm aware of the problem. Look e.g. at the envelope modules of ams,
the scope and spectrum viewer and the dynamic waves module. They all have
canvas where some more or less complicated graphics is drawn. But wouldn't
it be posssible to express these things with XML as well ? Hope I soon
find the time to work out some sample code...

Matthias

--
Dr. Matthias Nagorni
SuSE Linux AG