Re: [linux-audio-dev] Interface with real modules

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Interface with real modules
From: Thomas Webb (magusofthedark_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 15:51:56 EET

> However you can still have a lot of fun e.g. having
> FM or Ringmod between
> software and true analogue VCOs. It would also be a
> very good idea to
> combine a true analogue VCF with a digital synth as
> it's the filter that
> is the weakest point of digital synthesis. It is
> then however difficult to
> implement proper VCF tracking. This could only be
> done by using a true
> analogue MIDI to CV converter, let this control the
> VCF tracking and send
> the same notes to the softsynth and the true
> analogue MCV connected to the
> VCF.
yeah, the main thing I was thinking of was using an
analogue filter.. The medical company I work for has
this real hightech voltmeter (high res and
everything). I can probably get that to work
perfectly with any modules. The only problem is it's
freaky expensive. Too bad a standard soundcard won't
work quite right.