[linux-audio-dev] Re: Advertising Linux Audio

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Advertising Linux Audio
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 10:36:13 EET

In addition to the previous.

The campaign was done through Google Adwords. They are the paid for
links on the right hand side when you do a search.

Obviously they work to an extent but the question of whether they are
the most efficient way to promote is moot.

Apart from that IMO the amount of money spent is useful to know from a
business POV. If 6 months of clicking can generate $450 for Google then
we must be able to channel that more effectively into LAD projects.

My initial thought is that setting up a fund which can be used for LAUs
to make donations into would be viable based on this rate of income.

Are there any companies which have merchant facilities that would be
interested in hosting/sponsoring this fund? We could set up an award
system where the contributors vote for their most used apps and the
money in the fund is distributed based on the votes.

IMO we need merchant facilities to allow people to use their credit
cards to make donations without the overhead which paypal charges. It
would also be possible for people to make cash transfer donations if
they don't have a credit card. Obviously the former is less hassle and
probably more likely to generate income.

I am willing to do the web based work and host the portal for this if
there is someone who can host the bank account. I have some ideas on how
to do this efficiently.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
http://www.boosthardware.com

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No! We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002 The Scotsman