Re: [linux-audio-dev] A C++ question

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] A C++ question
From: Lukas Degener (AFBLukas_AT_gmx.de)
Date: Fri Apr 18 2003 - 02:55:10 EEST

Nick Tsocanos wrote:

>So, is it possible to smash the vtable of a class? I can't imagine all
>compilers have the same quirk, because I have seen this problem on half
>a dozen compilers. Usually it is in classes where I am doing heavy
>memory management. My guess is that the vtable can be corrupted somehow
>by a smash.

I think this possible, as it is possible to overwrite the stack data of
a running function, including its return adress, etc. without cousing a
segfault.

Can you provide a minimal code fragment that demonstrates your problem?
This should make it possible to see what exactly goes wrong.

Regards,
Lukas