Re: [linux-audio-dev] Found out what was wrong with my LADSPA manager programmer

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Found out what was wrong with my LADSPA manager programmer
From: Nick Tsocanos (nicktsocanos_AT_charter.net)
Date: Fri Apr 18 2003 - 05:44:09 EEST

On Thu, 2003-04-17 at 19:40, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> On 17 Apr 2003 18:05:12 -0400
> Nick Tsocanos <nicktsocanos_AT_charter.net> wrote:
>
> Are you sure your computer was not trying to tell you something? Like:
>
> <childish sing song>
> Nah, nah, nah nah ni nah!
> </childish sing song>

Erik, when it did that, I thought I needed an excorcist. You really had
to hear the sounds it was making, and the way it was acting was just
insane. I had a similar problem with Windows once like this, I got NANs
into all my audio data by accident, but Windows just froze up. At least
on Linux it is possible (but painful) to get the application to
eventually close.

I can't imagine that such a simple NAN could bring your computer to it's
knees!

Now if I only new what a NAN was other than it is not a number.

I am going to make an album NAN is not a number, and I will put NANs
into all my controls and audio, and sample them, and then the world can
be horrified by the sounds of a computer program that is dying.