RE: [linux-audio-dev] USB audio capturing

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] USB audio capturing
From: Mark Knecht (mknecht_AT_controlnet.com)
Date: Fri May 02 2003 - 21:30:37 EEST

> that's not what the iMic is. It has input and output.
> http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=559269/mod
> e=premgoogle1/ut=44a423edcff9b069

Only one review available through that site, and they gave it 1 star out of
5. I think we need to find you a better device to play with! ;-)

I looked at the Griffin Tech page. It's just a normal USB sound device. A/D
and D/A is in the little pod at the end of the cable. The question is
whether this device needs it's own driver or whether USB audio is
standardized enough to work on Linux with some other driver. I suspect it's
not...

Good luck, and read that review. No reason to throw money away.

Cheers,
Mark