Re: [linux-audio-dev] Kylix

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Kylix
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Fri May 09 2003 - 12:09:47 EEST

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 09:00:22 -0400, nickt wrote:
> When I mean RAD tools, you really had to use Borland C++ Builder.
> Imagine the ease of Visual Basic but with C++. That is how it was like.
>
> If you ever used Visual Studio .NET it's alot like the C# Windows forms
> stuff. Drag, drop, point, click, write code, compile, run, whoopee! Next
> part.

Have you looked at eclipse? http://eclipse.org/ its an IDE, witten in java
but supports other languages via plugins. I imagine it must have c++
support. A bloke from IBM came to demo it at my lab. Its open/free, I can't
remember what licence offhand. It has some impressive features, but for me
nothing comes close to make+vi+ctags.

For the UI stuff, have you tried glade? The previous version was a bit
dodgy, but glade-2 (for GTK 2.x) done us pretty well for working on JAM.

- Steve