Re: [linux-audio-dev] Kylix

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Kylix
From: Lea Anthony (lea_AT_fluidenterprises.co.uk)
Date: Fri May 09 2003 - 12:41:51 EEST

On Friday 09 May 2003 10:09, Steve Harris wrote:
> Have you looked at eclipse? http://eclipse.org/ its an IDE, witten in java
> but supports other languages via plugins. I imagine it must have c++
> support. A bloke from IBM came to demo it at my lab. Its open/free, I can't
> remember what licence offhand. It has some impressive features, but for me
> nothing comes close to make+vi+ctags.

Eclipse does indeed now support c++ and supports it very well. For me, I'm
looking at the java/gcj/swt option. Its a smart option if you want to do
multiplatform gui apps and compile to native code (Yes, compile java to
native code!). Until a GUI designer comes about for SWT though, I can't see
it being used by the masses,

-Lea.