Re: Linux' readiness for pro audio (was Re: [linux-audio-dev] Hartman Neuron)

Subject: Re: Linux' readiness for pro audio (was Re: [linux-audio-dev] Hartman Neuron)
From: Ingo Oeser (ingo.oeser_AT_informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)
Date: Thu Jun 05 2003 - 18:07:43 EEST

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 01:33:11PM +0200, Jay Vaughan wrote:
> >What I really crave for, is a affordable general purpose
> >DSP card, with a decent driver for Linux, to experiment with.
> >

> They are out there. You can find DSP cards for Linux, quite easily,
> if you do a bit of searching. There's an Extended CSound DSP adapter
> which works quite well with Linux.

I would also like to know more about such cards. My last search
didn't succeed. If it's easy for you to locate such cards, I
would like to ask you, to tell me more about it and provide some
URLs, if possible.

I ask, because our "Linux & DSP group" is still working on a
general purpose driver subsystem for such cards and needs more
hardware samples.

Regards

Ingo Oeser