Re: [linux-audio-dev] libakai

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] libakai
From: Erik de Castro Lopo (erikd-lad_AT_mega-nerd.com)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2003 - 15:33:17 EEST

On 13 Jun 2003 02:29:58 +1000
Allan Klinbail <allank_AT_labyrinth.net.au> wrote:

> Hey There
>
> Does this mean I can read and listen to my MPC200xl .snd files?

Are these files not simply AU format files?

If not, I might be interested in adding this as a file format for libsndfile:

    http://www.zip.com.au/~erikd/libsndfile/

> What about editing, which software can read it?

If libsndfile can read these files then yu can edit them with Sweep,
Audacity, Rezound, mhWaveEdit and probably others.

Erik

  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam_AT_mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society of America recently started an
advertising campaign with the slogan "MS: It's not a software company".

Seasoned IT professionals will have no trouble telling the two MS's apart. One is a debilitating and surprisingly widespread affliction that renders the sufferer barely able to perform the simplest task. The other is a disease.