Re: [linux-audio-dev] libakai

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] libakai
From: Christian Schoenebeck (christian.schoenebeck_AT_epost.de)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2003 - 20:57:52 EEST

Es geschah am Freitag, 13. Juni 2003 14:33 als Erik de Castro Lopo schrieb:
> > Does this mean I can read and listen to my MPC200xl .snd files?
> Are these files not simply AU format files?
>
> If not, I might be interested in adding this as a file format for
> libsndfile:

Not sure how AU looks like, but I doubt it is the same format. It was typical
for Akai to create their own 'standards'.

Have a look at this page:

        http://www.abel.co.uk/~maxim/akai/akaiinfo.htm#8

Very good page from Paul Kellett regarding Akai formats. You'll see it should
be quite easy for you to implement it.

Best regards,
Christian