Re: [linux-audio-dev] New form of GPL licence that protects Linux from proprietary world [was: New powermacs?]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] New form of GPL licence that protects Linux from proprietary world [was: New powermacs?]
From: Fred Gleason (fredg_AT_salemradiolabs.com)
Date: Mon Jun 23 2003 - 22:04:03 EEST

On Monday 23 June 2003 13:59, Ivica Bukvic wrote:

> However, no one has yet managed to propose an alternative that would
> resolve the dilemma that started the whole discussion -- ensuring that
> Linux-developed audio software primarily benefits Linux, not a
> non-related third-party OS that makes money off of our sweat.

Personally, I'm not sure I care. The whole reason I originally got into this
Linux thing was to stretch my mind while having some fun. If others find my
efforts useful for solving their own challenges, that's terrific. If some
third party chooses to "make money off my sweat", well, they're welcome to
it. Making money was not my primary goal anyway.

Just my $.02

Cheers!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. | Salem Radio Labs |
| Voice: 1-(540)-341-2880 | 87 Lee Highway, Suite 11 |
| FAX: 1-(540)-341-7176 | Warrenton, VA 20188 |
| All progress is based upon a universal innate desire of every organism |
| to live beyond its income. |
| -- Samuel Butler |
| "Notebooks" |