Re: [linux-audio-dev] ableton live

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ableton live
From: Frank Barknecht (fbar_AT_footils.org)
Date: Sat Jul 05 2003 - 12:27:55 EEST

Hallo,
Adrian Gschwend hat gesagt: // Adrian Gschwend wrote:

> But as far as I know timestreching algorithms are 1. not easy to
> implement and 2. not open source if they sound good :)

I'm quite sure, that Live uses a granular approach. If you timestretch
far away from the original, it gets obvious. There are several open
source granular synths. For incorporating into another software, I
would recommend SndObj which I use in the syncgrain~ external for Pd.

SndObj lives at: http://www.may.ie/academic/music/musictec/SndObj/main.html

ciao