Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [linux-audio-announce] gmorgan-0.06

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [linux-audio-announce] gmorgan-0.06
From: Robert Jonsson (robert.jonsson_AT_dataductus.se)
Date: Sat Jul 26 2003 - 01:38:28 EEST

fredagen den 25 juli 2003 17.32 skrev Kjetil S. Matheussen:
> On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, Thierry MARX wrote:
> > Sorry to tell you that... But try to tell us your progress only on
> > major or semi major updates... There is no need to tell that you have
> > understood how to make a Makefile : ). Post Only when you got something
> > working good and not only plaining somethin or debugged something
> > minor... Your product will be much more appreciated ;) If you have any
> > question tell this mailing about help but don't take us for fool who
> > don't know how sounds works.
>
> I find what you have written very unreasonable. For people using gmorgan,
> I guess the information below should be both interesting and relevant.

I'd have to agree. Release early, release often, is the creed we live by.
And to put your reply, Thierry, in context you'd have to define what IS a
minor and what IS a major release :) .
I think Josep is being overly modest about his programs capabilities and
usability. Not having tested his apps yet, only judgeing by the screenshots
*hum*, I'd say he's closer to 0.6 and 0.06, or even 1.6 :) in my own internal
release counter format (tm)...

Actually, Josep's frequent releases constantly remind me to try it out! (And
now that I got my broadband connection back that might just happen :)

Regards,
Robert