[linux-audio-dev] calling all Terratec EWS88MT / envy24 control users

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] calling all Terratec EWS88MT / envy24 control users
From: Fons Adriaensen (fons.adriaensen_AT_skynet.be)
Date: Sat Jul 26 2003 - 01:34:18 EEST

Hello list,

I hope there are some other users of the Terratec EWS88MT card out
there, because I seem to be in serious trouble - the card 'works'
but not in a way that makes it useful.

I've got a test program that outputs the same signal (1 kHz sine at
-6 dB below peak level) to all eight channels. Measuring the output
levels, I get wildly different values. Using envy24control to set
the DAC output levels only seems to make things worse - there is
no logical relation at all between the slider position and the
actual level. For each of the four pairs of channels, the two
level settings interact in a more or less random way, mostly by
just switching the other channel off or on. After a few minutes
twiddling, all sound stops until I reboot.

Similar things seem to happen with the inputs, but I haven't had
the time to investigate those.

So I'm wondering what's wrong - is my new card not up to standards,
or is there a problem with envy24control trying to control it ?

Any help / hints / tips appreciated !

--
FA