Re: [linux-audio-dev] calling all Terratec EWS88MT / envy24 control users

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] calling all Terratec EWS88MT / envy24 control users
From: Fons Adriaensen (fons.adriaensen_AT_skynet.be)
Date: Sat Jul 26 2003 - 17:39:13 EEST

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 10:38:40PM -0400, Paul Winkler wrote:

> there is/was a bug in some version of envy24control that caused this
> behavior. I forget which version of alsa that corresponded to.
> 0.9.2 or something? check the alsa-user archives...

Thanks for the info. I've found out a bit more now. The problem is
probably not envy24control - I get the same erratic reuslts when using
the alsa snd_ctl calls directly. Alsa version is 0.9.0.cvs20030217-23.

Meanwhile I've managed to get the card in a usable default state when
booting. The audio is absolutely ok as long as I don't use the control
interface. Sometimes, just launching envy24control brings the card in
a spasm it doesn't recover from.

--
FA