Re: [linux-audio-dev] Should the list be members-only?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Should the list be members-only?
From: Robert Jonsson (robert.jonsson_AT_dataductus.se)
Date: Thu Aug 14 2003 - 10:33:51 EEST

Thursday 14 August 2003 09:12 skrev Paul Winkler:
> Hi folks, your friendly temporary list-admin here.
> (Joern's on vacation and I'm filling in.)
>
> We seem to be getting quite a lot of spam lately.
> Currently the list is "open" - non-members can post.
>
> I'd like to take an informal poll:
>
> Should the LAD list remain totally open, or should
> non-member postings require moderator approval?

There is some crossposting occuring that, atleast sometimes, is worth while.
If the list is closed this won't be possible if not all senders are members
of all the mailinglists, and that is hardly the purpose.

I wondered a while ago, if it would be possible to do some sort of
mailinglist-ring thingy.
The purpose being to keep a central repository of ALL subscribers, to be able
to allow crossposting. I have no idea whether the mailinglist softwares
support anything like this...

/Robert