Re: [linux-audio-dev] Should the list be members-only?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Should the list be members-only?
From: Jack O'Quin (joq_AT_io.com)
Date: Thu Aug 14 2003 - 15:50:54 EEST

Robert Jonsson <robert.jonsson_AT_dataductus.se> writes:

> There is some crossposting occuring that, atleast sometimes, is
> worth while. If the list is closed this won't be possible if not all
> senders are members of all the mailinglists, and that is hardly the
> purpose.

This actually works fairly well already (in reverse).

I did reply-all to a message sent to both LAD and LAU (without
realizing it) back when I was not subscribed to LAU. I got a sensible
response saying that since I was not subscribed my message was
awaiting moderator approval. The moderator approved my message after
perhaps half a day.

Once I realized what had happened, I subscribed to LAU as well.
Problem solved. :-)

So, I would vote++ for the suggestion to moderate non-member postings.

--
  Jack O'Quin
  Austin, Texas, USA