Re: [linux-audio-dev] exploring LADSPA

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] exploring LADSPA
From: Pete Yadlowsky (pmy_AT_virginia.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 14 2003 - 13:58:40 EEST

On Thursday 14 August 2003 01:00 am, Brad Arant wrote:

> LADSPA is interesting but
> I do not see where it handles some of the issues of polyphonic voicing
> and assignment control.

I'm presently dealing with polyphony at the Python level (Python bindings for
my LADSPA-like system).

> Do not be discouraged by those that tell you that we already did it and
> why don't you use that. They are missing the point, aren't they! 8^)

I think so. I could buy all my carrots at the local supermarket, but then I
wouldn't have the gratification of raising them myself. Also, there's always
the possibility of digging up something new and interesting in even the most
heavily trampled places.

        - Pete