Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Blocking rima-tde.net, was Re: *****SPAM***** [linux-audio-dev] WINNING NOTIFICATION

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Blocking rima-tde.net, was Re: *****SPAM***** [linux-audio-dev] WINNING NOTIFICATION
From: Ismael Valladolid Torres (ismael_AT_sambara.org)
Date: Thu Sep 11 2003 - 00:56:08 EEST

El martes, 9 de septiembre de 2003, a las 14:49, Dave Phillips escribe:
> Although I'm on a broadband connection I still route my mail through
> a local ISP.

Many of we would love to. My ISP is Terra (from the former spanish PTT
Telefónica), and they don't allow you routing mail with a from field
different from the address in the domain terra.es they give you, even
although they require SMTP authentication. One could think, being so
severe guys, they should pay more attention to spammers relaying mail
through their servers. Unfortunately, that is not always the
case. Worse, I need my own SMTP to able to send email from my
sambara.org address (lovely Linux whichever exim or postfix), or to
"steal" the SMTP from the ISP my company has contracted. Regarding
ISPs, sometimes we spaniards still feel like living in the third
world.

Regards, Ismael

--
"Tout fourmille de commentaries; d'auteurs il en est grande cherté"