Re: [linux-audio-dev] Lots of stuff...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Lots of stuff...
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Fri Sep 12 2003 - 20:49:41 EEST

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 12:17:08PM -0500, Jack O'Quin wrote:
> "Rob Taylor" <robt_AT_flyingpig.com> writes:
>
> > Hmm, running with this point, does anyone have a wiki up that could
> > be used for a LAD faq/info repoistory? If not, does anyone have a
> > server/suitable web space that could be used to host one? I
> > volunteer to install wiki (lol, that's the easy bit.. :)
>
> Why not contribute to <http://www.djcj.org/LAU/guide>?

A good and noble idea, but neither djcj.org nor linuxdj.com
are as easy or collaborative to contribute to as a wiki is.

There are little details I don't like about the wiki implementations
I've played with; but having been involved in a dev. project that uses
them extensively (Zope 3), I have to say it's a very nice solution to
the online collaboration / communication issue.

Vastly more fluid than a static web page, more organizable than a blog,
RE-organizable, easier to navigate than an archived mailing list or
usenet group, easily searchable, and trivial to learn how to use.

I haven't seen anything else that has all those characteristics.

--

Paul Winkler http://www.slinkp.com Look! Up in the sky! It's NIHIL ACTION HERO-X! (random hero from isometric.spaceninja.com)