[linux-audio-dev] Another newbies questions

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Another newbies questions
From: James Fry (linux-audio-dev_AT_jamesfry.com)
Date: Sat Sep 13 2003 - 03:37:12 EEST

Hi there,

I'm quite new to this list - I've been reading for a while, and am getting
quite interested in having a go at writing some low-latency audio
software.

I have a couple of questions regarding hardware (you will probably be able
to tell that I am new to this from the questions):

How much difference to the latency will different soundcards make - is it
as much as on windows say ?

What kind of latency should I expect from a typical AC97 codec - eg the
Realtek ALC655 ?

Are there any PCI soundcards recommended by yourselves for use with Linux
low latency applications

Thanks for your help!

James