Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa diff

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa diff
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Sat Sep 13 2003 - 11:17:42 EEST

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 07:27:33 +0100, Richard Furse wrote:
> Well, I'm *half* paying attention...
>
> So we're essentially saying that the momentary thing is a trigger that
> operates on 0->positive but not positive->0. I must admit I'm not 100% clear
> about the randomisable case from the text.

Momentary is a UI hint, think of a tempo tap control v's a bypass switch,
one you want to tap rhythmically and and have it send a pulse to the
plugin and one you want to switch between on and off overy time you
activate it (toggle).

> Do we have example plugins for the two cases?

Yes, DJEQ has an LFO sync button whcih you currently have to click one to
sync and again to reset it back to the open state.

The gong model has a bunch of parameters and they can be randomised to
find interesting sounds. Mosts of its settings are interesting, but there
are so many paramters that just sliding them all about by hand is
tedious.

- Steve