Re: [linux-audio-dev] Job opening

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Job opening
From: Maarten De Boer (mdeboer_AT_iua.upf.es)
Date: Wed Sep 17 2003 - 11:01:02 EEST

> PS: I couldn't tell from the list guidelines whether this kind of post
> is appropriate. If not, sorry! and please ignore it.

I think that the general consensus is that this kind of post are welcome.
Linux audio jobs, or even computer audio jobs, are rare enough, and an
employer has little other reasonable means to get in contact with
possible employees. Also, I'm sure that not all of the LAD subscribers
are actually doing audio software development for a living, but might
like to :-)

Maybe the list guidelines should include something about this? Along the
lines of "You are welcome to send job offers and research positions to
the list, provided they are directly related with audio software
development under Linux".

We can always reverse that policy if we notice that the amount of job
offers gets in the way with the real discussions ;-)

Maarten