Re: [linux-audio-dev] lowlatency test at linuxdevices

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] lowlatency test at linuxdevices
From: Michael Ost (most_AT_museresearch.com)
Date: Thu Sep 18 2003 - 23:05:21 EEST

An interesting historical sidenote on this came from of our programmers,
who was deep in the BeOS. He told me that their timeslice was 3 msecs
once everyone had 500 MHz machines. It was down to 1 msec for the never
released R6 version... back in, what 1999? 2000?

Open source is a bit slower to move, but at least it sticks around!

- mo