[linux-audio-dev] gtk scrollbars.

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] gtk scrollbars.
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Thu Sep 25 2003 - 16:47:21 EEST

I've stumbled across a problem that no doubt someone has come across before.

What is the recomended way to force alternate keybindings on a gtk
scrollbar?

Would I have to create a custom widget that is a replica is there
another way?

Using all the keys is a very simple way of making jackEQ truely useful
in live performance. It would add functionality to the mixer in ardour too.

The docs for range widgets say this:
------------
Scrollbars are not focusable, thus have no key bindings. The key
bindings for the other range widgets (which are, of course, only active
when the widget has focus) are do not differentiate between horizontal
and vertical range widgets.

All range widgets can be operated with the left, right, up and down
arrow keys, as well as with the Page Up and Page Down keys. The arrows
move the slider up and down by step_increment, while Page Up and Page
Down move it by page_increment.

The user can also move the slider all the way to one end or the other of
the trough using the keyboard. This is done with the Home and End keys.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
http://www.boosthardware.com

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No! We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002 The Scotsman