Re: [linux-audio-dev] gtk scrollbars.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] gtk scrollbars.
From: Paul Davis (paul_AT_linuxaudiosystems.com)
Date: Thu Sep 25 2003 - 18:34:46 EEST

>Using all the keys is a very simple way of making jackEQ truely useful
>in live performance. It would add functionality to the mixer in ardour too.

we don't use regular GTK key bindings in ardour. everything is handled
via a custom system that avoids the GTK/Qt/X11 "focus" stupidity.

>The docs for range widgets say this:
>------------
>Scrollbars are not focusable, thus have no key bindings. The key
>bindings for the other range widgets (which are, of course, only active
>when the widget has focus) are do not differentiate between horizontal
>and vertical range widgets.

gtk_widget_set_flags (scrollbar, GTK_CAN_FOCUS);
gtk_widget_set_events (scrollbar, GTK_KEY_PRESS_WHATEVER);

then attach handlers to key press/release events. i believe this will work.

but keep in mind that the focus model in GTK/Qt/X11 is likely to be your
enemy rather than your friend.

--p