Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladcca

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladcca
From: Bob Ham (rah_AT_bash.sh)
Date: Mon Oct 13 2003 - 01:12:21 EEST

On Sun, 2003-10-12 at 16:55, Tim Orford wrote:

> anyway, having recomended ladcca the other day i was a
> little disturbed to see the web page gives the impression
> of a dead project.

It's not really dead, it's just been a while since the last release.
I've been focused (more) on finding a job recently, so lad stuff has
taken a bit of a back seat. I am still plugging away at it tho.

> There is no activity since march and in the
> middle of the page it says "LADCCA is not particularly stable or usable
> at the moment. It is not recommended for use with production systems".
> Perhaps a minor cosmetic update would be in order?

Well.. at the moment, it's not really usable for production systems, and
the last release was in March :) I'm not sure what would be updated.

> as i think ladcca is crucial to the furtherance of a Free modular
> audio system, any comments from people on how it is going,
> especially with regards to client support would be most welcome.
>
> Bob, i'm assuming you're reading this list, so what help if any is needed?

There's a lot of stuff that's changed/changing from the last release;
the server interface protocol is more usable and I'm intending to change
the project file format to XML and do some other cleaning up. The
conditions for the next release are these being finished, and being able
to actually use the system to make some music without any problems. I
wouldn't want to guess at when that'll be though.

I'll put the code in CVS soon and mail the list.

Bob

--
Bob Ham <rah_AT_bash.sh>

"At some point, keystroke recorders got installed on several machines at Valve. Our speculation is that these were done via a buffer overflow in Outlook's preview pane." -- Gabe Newell on the Half-Life 2 source leak