Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Correct sustain pedal emulation (midi hold controller) ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Correct sustain pedal emulation (midi hold controller) ?
From: Benno Senoner (sbenno_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Wed Oct 29 2003 - 03:54:04 EET

vanDongen/Gilcher wrote:

>On Monday 27 October 2003 15:08, Benno Senoner wrote:
>

>>Assume I press C2 with velocity 50 pedal up, the C2-pedalup (associated
>>to velocity 50) sample sounds.
>>Now I press the sustain pedal and press C2 with velocity 100.
>>What should the sampler do ? Quickly fade out the C2-pedalup
>>(velocity-50) note and trigger the
>>C2-pedaldown (velocity 100) note ?
>>And of course when you release the pedal all sustained notes will get a
>>note-off.
>>

>I am a piano player.

Thanks to all that responded, we will take all the inputs into account
and make the sustain pedal
 setting as flexible and configurable as possible.

We will announce it here when a new version of linuxsampler will be ready
(and more usable, because for now with no looping, some missing
articulation and enveloping
it's not fun to play the samples, but I'm glad the hard work has be
done, so we are not that distant
from providing usable playback).

cheers,
Benno