[linux-audio-dev] Does NI run Traktor FS on Linux through Wine ?

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Does NI run Traktor FS on Linux through Wine ?
From: Benno Senoner (sbenno_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Sun Nov 02 2003 - 03:50:02 EET

 From here:
http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?fsfeatures_us
"In TRAKTOR FS the Final Scratch System has a high-performance DJ
software that has been specifically optimized for the needs of Final
Scratch users.
System Requirements:
*Runs on standard PCs, operating on Linux OS (all necessary software
included)"

from here:
http://jane.no-ip.com/traktor-debian.html
"This is work in progress but posted for people who wish to get Native
Instruments / Standon Magnetics Final Scratch version of Traktor to work
on their own linux distribution rather than the stripped installation
that they provide on the CD. Please note this may not work for you at
all - and I've tried to be as direct as I can with the documentation -
It's assumed that you've played in a shell before, and have some
familiarity with linux.. "

I'm not a FS user but from reading the page it seems that they are using
Wine to run it under
linux from a self bootable CD.

Anyone got more infos about this ?
(I'd interested if Wine is performant enough etc ....)

from here:
http://djzorro.mynet.it/
"Dear Visitor,
these "patches" (try to) add (a sort of) networking ability to a
GNU/Linux distribution made by Nativ
e Instruments as a OS for their Traktor Final Scratch software. "

For curiousity I downloaded one of the ZIP files.
It unzips to a .tuc and .tup file.
The tup file is a tar.bz2 file so just rename and untar it.
For example in the boot dir you see two kernels:
2.4.22pre1-ni 2.4.22pre1-z

Are these standard kernels, did they use patches or did they write their
own ?
(where are the sources ? are they objeing the GPL license ?)

Comments ?

Benno
http://www.linuxsampler.org