Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ann] guitar preamp plugin, v2

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ann] guitar preamp plugin, v2
From: Erik de Castro Lopo (erikd-lad_AT_mega-nerd.com)
Date: Wed Nov 05 2003 - 12:50:56 EET

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 10:54:58 +0100 (CET)
Tim Goetze <tim_AT_quitte.de> wrote:

> i feel the need to clarify/correct myself: the filters employed are
> not chebyshev designs, they were designed the same way as 'unmatched':
> frequency response given, iteratively approximate the filter.
>
> they do a lot better than chebys of the same order, but it's quite
> impossible to recalculate their coefficients at runtime. if that is
> demanded, the polyphase design probably wins easily.

Tim, do you have any more info about this filter design procedure? I've
currently got a nasty filter design problem that I'm looking for a
solution for.

Erik

  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam_AT_mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
"He who writes the code gets to choose his license, and nobody
else gets to complain" -- Linus Torvalds