[linux-audio-dev] Programming resource question

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Programming resource question
From: Iain Duncan (iainduncan_AT_telus.net)
Date: Thu Nov 13 2003 - 05:35:52 EET

Hi everyone, I've been working for the last couple of years on a live improv
sequencing system in Csound, and I would like to start porting parts of it
to C so as to allow it to run faster as opcodes within csound and as stand
alones. I need to learn how to do multi-threading with priority scheduling,
specifically I want to make sure that all input and graphics are buffered
and just have to wait while output timing is maintained. I've been reading
regular C books, and I don't know quite where the best place to learn this
stuff would be. Any advice for books, web resources, or code to look at
would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Iain