Re: [linux-audio-dev] Just for fun - Hearnet

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Just for fun - Hearnet
From: Joern Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de)
Date: Fri Nov 14 2003 - 12:36:26 EET

Hans Fugal wrote:
> This is a little toy I hacked up while learning the Jack API today. It
> is not sophisticated, it is hackish, and it is probably not really doing
> precisely what I intended it to do. But it's fun. It does a simple form
> of granular synthesis: it plays a grain for every incoming packet in
> realtime.
>
> Requires libpcap and libjack (of course).
>
> http://falcon.fugal.net/~fugalh/hearnet/
>
> Feedback is welcome.

:-D

to further boost the uselessness of this wonderful thing, how about
mapping different grains to protocol, port numbers and direction?

just imagine:

# ping somehost
ping ... pong ... ping ... pong ... ping ...pong
or even
# ping -f somehost
pgniogingpgnigongpgignpgoigpnigiongpgnogignpgipgnpoingopingopngignoin

soon we will see network operators starring at contemporary music festivals.

;)

jörn

--
To someone whose only tool is a hammer, each problem looks like a nail.
	- Edsger W. Dijkstra, EWD838

Jörn Nettingsmeier Kurfürstenstr 49, 45138 Essen, Germany http://spunk.dnsalias.org (my server) http://www.linuxaudiodev.org (Linux Audio Developers)