Re: [linux-audio-dev] Slashdot: linux-based music =?iso-8859-1?q?keyboard workstation?= released

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Slashdot: linux-based music =?iso-8859-1?q?keyboard workstation?= released
From: David Olofson (david_AT_olofson.net)
Date: Wed Nov 12 2003 - 23:37:14 EET

On Wednesday 12 November 2003 18.10, drclaw_AT_dogsolitude.org wrote:
> > Speaking of which; I'd be really rather interested in a UI like
> > that, but as an extra interface for a normal computer based
> > studio. Sort of like a DAW terminal with a display and a custom
> > control panel that I can put right above my master keyboard, so I
> > don't have to turn around to, or reach for the computer all the
> > time.
>
> Well, if you look back at my post a few back about my setup I
> tossed together, I haven't gotten around to this yet, but Doepfer
> also makes big slider boards and knob boxes and stuff that send
> midi signals, check these links out:
>
> http://www.doepfer.de/db.htm
> http://www.doepfer.de/pf.htm

That's some really nice stuff they've got there! :-)

Not quite what I'm looking for right now, though. (Although I could
definitely find uses for these gadgets as well. :-)

Right now, I'm thinking in terms of a rather minimal sequencer control
panel, preferably integrated with a relatively large color LCD. I
want to be able to record and arrange a whole MIDI song using only
this UI and the master keyboard. Shuttle control, navigation,
selection and basic edit functions must be easilly accessible.

| Free/Open Source audio engine for games and multimedia. |